Under general direction, develops, implements, and maintains moderately complex proprietary and/or purchased software systems/applications in support of the financial services and investments divisions. Designs, codes, modifies, tests, debugs, integrates and documents applications from specifications dealing with the overall operating system including core and/or external web interfaces, sophisticated file maintenance, accounting systems, and/or document production. Documents system/application scope and objectives, leads projects of moderate scope, and participates in post implementation reviews and quality assurance.
• A minimum of 3+ years of software development experience
• Experience with Pro*C
• Experience with PL/SQL
• Experience with Oracle Forms
• Experience with Oracle SQL
• Experience with UNIX (Solaris)
• Experience with C-Shell
• Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent applicable work experience
• Enthusiasm to work and learn in a team environment.
• Design experience and troubleshooting skills on core/backend systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working with global stakeholders
Other desirable experience:
• Experience with JAVA/J2EE programming –a plus ( the team does support java – batch, bus components and the Core web app)
• Agile/ Scrum methodology
• PERL programming
Great West Global is a member of the Great-West Lifeco Inc. group of companies, which has interests in the financial services sector in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. Located in Bangalore, the company supports Great-West Financial and Empower Retirement offices across the United States. As an associate, you will enjoy the strength and security of an established firm along with the excitement and growth potential of a start-up company. You’ll also enjoy attractive benefits, including: competitive salaries, paid time off, Provident Fund contributions and health and life benefits.
Software Powered by iCIMS