The Email Operations Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day, hands-on execution of email programs in support of complex company and business unit objectives. The role will be responsible for email set-up,
testing, scheduling/sending, reporting metrics, and managing deliverability and opt-outs. The specialist will interpret email metrics into meaningful insight to guide future email initiatives.
The operational-focused candidate must have expertise in using an Email Service Provider (ESP) (preferably ExactTarget), and using an ESP in conjunction with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system such as SalesForce, and other internal systems and databases.
• Manage email campaigns in Salesforce Marketing Cloud email service provider platform, including html coding testing, deployment and metrics reporting.
• Code emails in html using responsive design, as well as utilize, modify, and manage email templates.
• Develop emails using dynamic content and leverage data extensions to populate variable copy based on recipient attributes.
• Monitor our deliverability and reputation to ensure we’re getting into our target audience’s email inbox.
• Work directly with Salesforce Marketing Cloud support to troubleshoot any technical issues with email code or email deliverability.
• Initiate email sends using data from Salesforce Sales Cloud campaigns or through Salesforce Marketing Cloud. May also work with internal Salesforce Sales Cloud teams on campaign set up.
• Provide email metrics reports to internal clients.
• Responsible for conducting email address verification scrubbing, segmenting and loading email lists for campaigns.
• Must properly handle unsubscribes by business unit and align to CAN SPAM and CASL laws.
• Create and manage sender profiles and data extensions to support personalized emails.
• Coordinate with marketing communications team and graphics designers to develop graphics to incorporate into email templates to support campaigns.
• Consult with internal clients about email marketing best practices including understanding campaign objectives and provide guidance related to pre-header, subject lines and copy to achieve target open and click through rates.
• Identify opportunities for new email functionality and implement it for our use.
• Familiarity with implementing journeys and triggered email sends a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Information Technology, Marketing, or a related field.
• Three to five (3-5) years of experience in a mid-large size organization establishing, running, and maintaining transactional and commercial emails
• 3 years working with a well known Email Service Provider (ESP)
• Hands-on experience with email marketing tools; experience with ExactTarget a plus.
• HTML skills and experience in email design principles, and modifying email templates.
• Demonstrated understanding of email marketing best practices
• Experience in the use of Salesforce CRM or similar platform including reports and dash boarding.
• Experience working in a highly regulated environment a plus, preferably in the financial services industry.
• Experience planning and measuring email marketing campaigns for both B2B and B2C.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Highly self motivated and directed. Extremely organized and able to meet strict deadlines.
• High energy with the ability to juggle multiple priorities under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment
• Committed to staying up-to-date on latest e-communications/email marketing trends and able to educate others on how to utilize new techniques.
• Demonstrated proficiency of HTML, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite.
• Self-starter who can work both independently as well as in a team environment.
NOTE: this role is not involved in the actual creation/writing of the email nor in the overarching strategy of types of campaigns needed by business units – this is an operational focused position.
Must have skills:
- Code emails in html using responsive design
- Have experience using an enterprise email service provider (e.g. Salesforce Marketing Cloud, IBM Marketing Cloud, Silver Pop, Eloqua, Marketo)
- Manage email campaign from end-to-end: code email, test email, load list, send email, report metrics
- List management: have loaded lists into email systems
- Managed opt-out compliance for CAN SPAM
- Can slice and edit images in photoshop
- Understands email deliverability, blocks, bounces
Software Powered by iCIMS