As part of the Information Technology Services (ITS) team, selected candidates will be responsible for shaping how enterprise development and support teams combine the latest technologies and services to automate and monitor all aspects of the Great West Financial enterprise computing environment.
Enterprise Monitoring Engineers are primarily engaged in implementing and managing monitoring solutions within a hybrid cloud infrastructure using modern DevOps oriented approaches. Prior experience automating and integrating technical solutions is highly desired. This is a versatile DevOps oriented position that focuses on providing enterprise application and infrastructure visibility to the GWF community.
• Develop, automate, manage and administer infrastructure and application monitoring components using a DevOps cloud oriented approach;
• Collaborate with platform owners to identify and standardize monitoring requirements, implement automated solutions and create associated documentation;
• Assist with approach, design and implementation of monitoring, alerting and reporting;
• Collaborate with external teams and organizations to provide effective access to monitoring data;
• Pro-active support, policy management, incident management and resolution of issues related to supported environments;
• Collaborate, develop and build appropriate tools for rapid and consistent management of monitoring tools for OnPrem and Cloud Platform;
• Participate in incident management and on-call rotations (FTE only).
• Must have prior experience operating in a DevOps context where +50% of the workday includes writing production code;
• Proven experience writing operationalized production code (Python, PERL, Ruby, Java, Scala, Groovy or other related programming language common to DevOps oriented pipelines);
• Strong grasp of automation error handling and providing visibility into automated processes;
• Expertise in managing Windows and Linux Operating Systems;
• Ability to write documentation and share knowledge with OnShore/OffShore teammates;
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Experience with monitoring tools (APM, Infrastructure metrics, Log/Event aggregation);
• Experience with Open Source automation toolkits (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Git, Jira);
• Experience with developing real-time dash boards through custom coding;
• Experience writing code that interfaces with various custom API’s;
• Experience with cloud environments AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud, and other IAAS platforms.
Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems with 5+ years of equivalent experience.
Software Powered by iCIMS