As a Documentation Specialist, you will be responsible for documenting the end to end functioning of the EASY and dependent system at Great-West Global. The documentation may vary from Technical documentation to User documentation on the existing and future systems.
• Creating and Authoring various types of Technical documentation including System specifications, flow diagrams and process documentation
• Co-ordinate with the Developers and SME’s to understand the functioning of modules and applications and develop system flows
• Writing application and product description with the technical and functional aspect of the system intact.
• Precise documentation and clear communication when communicating with global and local SME’s and stakeholders
• Experience in creation of Maintenance Manuals, and Quality Review of Manuals
• Ability to work independently and contributing in a global environment
• Having basic understanding of SQL and ability to understand any programming language will add value to understand technical details and effective documentation
• Report progress on documentation to the Management in a structured and effective manner
• Knowledge on Document Development Life Cycle (DDLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Knowledge on creation/revision of Technical Training Manuals
• Solid documentation skills with very good hold on Documentations software like MS Word, MS Excel, Visio, PDF creation etc.
• Expertise in using some of the Code analysis software like SmartTS etc..
• Self-motivated with a strong orientation towards meeting timelines and producing quality documentation that will add value
• Understanding of the Financial services / products is a must
• LEAN or six-sigma experience will be a plus
• Having experience in working on a reverse engineering project will be an added advantage
Nice to have :
a) Experienced in using IDEs, code Editors such as Eclipse, Notepad++, SQL Developer, Netbeans etc.
b) Experienced in navigating code written in C, Java, SQL, Scripts
• BS in Computer Science or a minimum of 3 years experience in the field is required
Software Powered by iCIMS