This position presents an opportunity to a seasoned solution developer to take next steps in their career. Bringing a strong “can do” attitude to bear on a variety of technologies used within the company, the successful candidate be able to apply their development skills supporting multiple internal applications. He / she will also play an influential role in developing strategies to enhance system capabilities and improve overall systems performance. As a continuous learner, proficient collaborator and communicator – the new team member will leverage these skills to quickly become a highly productive member of a leading organization within the financial services industry
• Designs, develops and supports complex software systems for a variety of business and technical customers within the organization.
• Works closely with technical specialists and systems leadership on integrating systems/applications.
• Performs key portions of the system development lifecycle including designing, coding, testing, documenting, installing, maintaining, and supporting proprietary and/or purchased software systems/applications.
• Develops, scopes and implements unit testing strategies to ensure delivery against end-user requirements. Performs more complex tests and documents findings within defined scope.
• Decomposes tasks, defines milestones, creates schedules and estimates development resources for projects. Ensures the completion of project/program milestones under the general guidance of immediate supervisor.
• Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May assign, monitor and review progress and accuracy of work, directing efforts and providing technical guidance on more complex issues. Mentor and train lower level staff. Reviews progress with management. Operates with substantial latitude for unreviewed action or decision.
• Bachelors degree in related field and/or equivalent experience.
• Minimum five (4) years related systems experience
• Ideal candidates are experienced with .Net development, Visual Basic, C# and Oracle and/or SQL databases.
• Must have expert Normalized & Dimensional Data Modeling skills.
• Experienced with formal software development life cycle.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work with customers at various levels within the organization
• Ability to influence others and operate effectively in a matrix organization.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ideal candidates are experienced with:
o .Net and ASP development
o Oracle and / or SQL Server databases
o KANA email application
o JAVA, Perl, C++, CGI and VBA development
o Shell scripting (born, csh, ssh, ksh)
• Knowledge of some of the following would also be helpful: JAVA Faces, JSP, HTML, XML, CSS, PHP, Visual Studio and Jira.
Software Powered by iCIMS